Assisted living is a senior living option that helps aging seniors in daily activities such as cooking meals, getting to the bathroom in midnight, administering medications or housekeeping chores. Here are few questions that help you determine whether assisted living is right for you:
• Do you feel lonely and isolated?
• Concerned about your safety?
• Finding difficulties to maintain your home?
• Do you need support than family and friends are able to provide?
For a happy and healthy living, an active life is very important. The social aspect of assisted living is a great benefit offering opportunity to make new friends and live life to the fullest.
Sometimes, you might think what would happen, if you fall down, get injured or experience a problem that requires assistance from another person or medical professional. If so, then assisted living is for you. At UMH, we provide 24 hour security, support and monitoring. Moreover, our assisted living communities provides a homelike environment without the burden and stress of home maintenance.
Including Others in the Decision Making Process
Before you decide to join the assisted living community, have a discussion with your children or love one as this is an important decision which should not be taken alone.
• Initiate discussions when you and your family are well rested
• Provide your loved ones with research and information
• Allow your family to be part of the decision-making process. Answer their questions and listen to their concerns.
At United Methodist Homes in NJ our communities provide the safety and 24 hours support and monitoring while maximizing your dignity and independence. To learn more about our communities and assisted living services, visit http://www.umh-nj.org/.