The festive holiday season is a great time to relax and enjoy the company of friends and family, especially in New Jersey. With numerous cultural events, markets and productions, there’s plenty to do for kids, grandparents and everyone in between.
- The Nutcracker: This year, NJ Ballet and the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra are putting on a world-class production of The Nutcracker. From the 11th to the 26th of December at the Moyo Performing Arts Center, this beautiful holiday classic will be an enchanting experience for all.
- The Holiday Candlelight Tour of Liberty Hall: If you love Christmas decorations, this is the tour for you. Showcasing festive décor from the 1910s to the 1950s, this one-night only experience promises to be as fascinating as it is beautiful. It will take place in Union NJ on the 6th of December and there will be three tours: 5:00 pm, 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm.
- Gingerbread House Workshop: Held at the Liberty Hall Museum in Union NJ, this popular event is a favorite for families with a sweet tooth. Held every Saturday from the 13th to the 20th, in two sessions (10:00 am – 11:30 am, and 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm), children get to decorate their own gingerbread houses with gumdrops, candy canes and other seasonal treats.
- Smithville holiday lights show: If you’re in the Southern Shore Region, be sure to visit this famous historic village. A special light show involving over 100 trees and a beautifully decorated Victorian-style village await you and, on Hospitality Night (December 6th), the town will be filled with merchants offering treats, discounted goods and artworks.
- Adventure Aquarium: For the festive season, the aquarium, located in Camden, is transformed into an underwater Christmas wonderland, complete with twinkling lights, falling snow and SCUBA Santa. Come and visit with the whole family from November 28th to January 1st.
Independent living, assisted living and long term care specialists
At United Methodist Homes of New Jersey, we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible services for retirees and senior citizens. With a wide range of services and care options tailored to your needs, our highly trained and caring staff are dedicated to maintaining your independence and dignity. Our senior living communities have an extensive range of amenities and a strong social component, encouraging all our residents to live an abundant life.
For more information, please contact us today or visit www.umh-nj.org.
This content was originally posted at http://www.umh-nj.org/blog/christmas-activities-your-whole-family-will-love/