At UMH, we often talk to our residents and their families as well as the community-at-large about providing customized long-term care. What does this really involve and how does it benefit our residents? All of our residents have varying levels of need, which explains why they selected the individualized care and support found at all UMH full-service communities. We offer residents a broad set of living solutions, including:
- Independent senior living in our continuing care retirement community Bristol Glen: This is ideal for retirees and seniors who would like to continue living an independent lifestyle but still have access to assisted living services and skilled nursing (if needed). This level of care is about keeping an upscale, high quality of life without having to manage arduous tasks such as home maintenance, housekeeping and daily transportation.
- Assisted living: This level of care is aimed at seniors who require more assistance in their daily lives regarding day-to-day tasks and medical support in addition to standard residential living services. This can include assistance with meals, mobility, personal care, health monitoring and daily reminders, as well as handyman and housekeeping services. An active social life and independence are still encouraged, as caregivers are able to support and assist in all tasks.
- Nursing home care and long-term care: This highest level of care is managed through skilled nursing, certified aides and therapists 24 hours a day. These services are designed to assist residents with complex and serious medical conditions that cannot be managed in a residential setting, including wound dressing, breathing rehabilitation, tube feeding and more. Nursing home care and long-term care is available as a permanent or temporary service as the resident requires.
- Short-term rehab: These services include speech, occupational and physical therapy programs designed to improve quality of life and wellness for seniors with a wide range of conditions. Through our rehab program, we are able to treat and improve wound healing, pain management, joint replacement, CVA stroke recovery, urinary incontinence, arthritis and much more.
- Respite: We offer nursing and rehabilitation assistance both during an illness and after a hospital visit. Respite care also provides peace of mind for caregivers looking for a safe, secure environment for their loved ones while taking a vacation, requiring time off for a specific purpose, or just desiring a much-needed break.
- Hospice: Our hospice services are designed to give residents and their families the highest level of comfort, compassion and support through an experienced multidisciplinary team of specialists. Our aim to take care all medical, social, emotional, spiritual and other unique needs that often accompany this time, promoting dignity and serenity for residents as well as their loved ones.
Scalable senior care for every stage of life
Whatever care level best suits you or your loved one, we are able to further tailor our services to meet your exact needs – now and in the future. All our services are scalable, enabling residents to stay in their communities as long as they are able and receive the right level of care and support as and when they require it. For us, customizable services means getting the exact support our residents need to live full and dignified lives.
This content was originally published at http://www.umh-nj.org/blog/what-customized-care-means-at-united-methodist-homes-of-nj/