Having an active social life brings many great benefits to seniors, helping them to stay healthy, active and enjoy all that life has to offer. Camden County has an extensive range of senior services designed specifically to help seniors stay active members of their communities.
- Camden County Cultural and Heritage Commission: The services this organization provides include art workshops, an art gallery and musical performances. They also offer musical performances for residents that are housebound. Located on S. Park Drive and Shady Lane, they can also be reached at (856) 858-0040.
- Camden County Libraries: Free membership is available to all seniors living in member communities, including Gloucester Township, Haddon Township, Winslow Township, Bellmawr, Merchantville, and Camden.
- State parks:Citizens 62 or older qualify for a Golden Passport (costing just $10) that allows access to all national parks, historic sites and recreational areas under the Federal Government. This passport also may include discounts on activities inside these areas, including camping, boat launching and parking.
- Recreational trips:There is a year-long calendar filled with trips for seniors, including day trips, overnight stays and weeklong vacations. To find out more, contact the Senior Citizen United Community Services at (856) 456-1121.
- The Walt Whitman Cultural Arts Center, Inc.: This center offers a full year calendar of cultural events for seniors, including plays, exhibits and poetry readings. While some events are free, any paid events carry a reduced fee for seniors.
Independent assisted living for seniors in New Jersey
UMH Collingswood Manor in Camden County is designed to enhance independence. Our residential programs and living options assist your loved one only when they require it and scale these services at any point if a different level of care is needed. In addition to catering to independent seniors, we also offer care for those needing assistance.
Collingswood Manor in Camden County NJ also serves residents of Gloucester County, Salem County and Cumberland County.and especially the towns of Collingswood, Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester, Pennsauken, Voorhees Township, and Winslow Township, New Jersey.
This content was originally posted at http://www.umh-nj.org/blog/five-great-services-for-seniors-in-camden-county/