- The Tri-County Fair: Held in Rockaway, NJ from June 16-19, this family-friendly fair is a great event for all ages. With ample local food, live music and fireworks, it’s a terrific day out to share with your loved ones.
- Canal Day Festival: A country fair that celebrates the rich history of the Morris Canal and the surrounding communities, this festival is held in Hugh Force Canal Park in Wharton, NJ on 20 August. Featuring a craft show, great food and musical performances ranging from classical productions to Irish folk music, this is an entertaining and family-friendly cultural event.
- NJ State Barbeque Championship & Blues Festival: If the only thing you love more than the blues is a great barbeque, then you can’t miss this festival! Featuring live cooking demonstrations alongside top regional and national blues acts, this festival is held on June 8-10 in North Wildwood, NJ.
- Grounds for Sculpture: Located at 80 Sculptors Way in Hamilton, this park is open from Tuesday to Sunday as well as Memorial Day weekend. Filled with incredible sculptures that change on a rotating basis and host to wellness walks, guided tours and HortiSculpture talks, this park is a must-see for locals and tourists alike.
- Free summer movies: Counties all over New Jersey offer free viewings of movies at various locations, from community centers and parks to beaches and libraries. Catch all your favorite classics under the starry skies at Sparta’s Dyktra Park and Summit’s Village Green – or any of the other many locations featured across the state.
- High Point State Park: If you’d like to get away from it all, this beautiful state park offers a serene day trip into nature. Ideal for the family as well, this park offers fishing, boating, picnicking, swimming and plenty of nature walking opportunities.
Live life to the full with independent living communities in Sussex County, NJ
United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen offers the highest level of independent senior living at our continuing care retirement community in New Jersey. Our priority is that you live life to the fullest while we take care of all your day-to-day tasks.
While we offer assisted living, nursing and skilled nursing services, we customize the level of assistance you require in order to perfectly meet your individual needs. Our welcoming and social atmosphere allows you to mix with the community at a level at which you are comfortable. Our wide range of activities, outings, events and social clubs allow you to pursue your interests and hobbies.
For more information on Bristol Glen and our CCRC facilities, please contact us today and visit us for a personal tour.
This content was originally posted at https://umcommunities.org/blog/great-outings-events-seniors-summer/