As the life of a loved one draws to a close, treatment changes from trying to find a cure to ensuring comfort and support. As part of our hospice care program, Bridges, our hospice in South Jersey, we offer a nurturing atmosphere and hospice care services both to patients, and their friends and families.
Every hospice care program is different, but Bridges was developed specifically for United Methodist Communities at The Shores to provide a personalized, private and supportive environment for anyone with a life-limiting illness to experience high quality care and comfort. Some of the services and amenities we offer include:
- Private, furnished one-bedroom apartments with a dedicated kitchenettes and bathroom facilities.
- High quality beds with soft, luxurious linens to match.
- WiFi-enabled apartments and common spaces for the convenience of patients, family members and friends.
- Medication management, personalized care and meal service carried out by compassionate, experienced caregivers,
- Food available any time of day or night throughout the week and weekends in the family room, so visitors and family members can remain at mealtimes.
- Spiritual support and pastoral care for patients as well as their loved ones.
- Our family support program helps loved ones and family members during this difficult time.
In addition, The Shores provides Bridges’ residents access to several useful and enriching amenities and programs, including outdoor garden space, music room, religious services, gym, salon, and a life enrichment program.
Comfort and quality of life is key at our Cape May County hospice
The Shores, a United Methodist Communities senior and assisted living facility, offers superior end-of-life care through Bridges. With an emphasis on creating a nurturing and comforting environment, we offer customized services that not only support your loved one, but you and your family, as well.
To find out more about Bridges, our hospice neighborhood or our assisted living community in South Jersey, please contact us today to arrange your visit.
Original content posted on https://umcommunities.org/blog/closer-look-comforts-palliative-care/