As the online shopping industry continues to evolve, so do the scams. It is important to take steps to protect yourself. Here are five tips to protect your information when you shop online.
- Use complex passwords: Try for passwords with a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols or very long passwords. Both are harder to crack. And don’t use the same password for all your accounts!
- Review your financial statements: If you see an unfamiliar charge on your account, contact the institution right away.
- Look for security signs: You should see an https in front of the web address or a lock icon at the end verifying its safety.
- Use your credit card if possible: If you need to dispute a charge it is much harder to resolve if the money has already been taken out of your bank account.
- Check the seller’s reputation: Online reviews are priceless. And if you are shopping on eBay or another site with independent sellers choose one with a track record of high satisfaction scores.
Compassionate Home Care for Seniors in New Jersey
United Methodist Communities HomeWorks is committed to providing comprehensive and coordinated in home care for seniors, fostering independence at home in Monmouth, Middlesex, and Ocean counties. Our dedicated and compassionate caregivers help our clients through their daily activities and provide professional medical care support.
To find out more about our services, please contact us today.
Original content posted on https://umcommunities.org/blog/five-tips-protect-info/